Send a personalised message with your Yasu gift box and we will hand write it with your name to make your gift really unique ( Checkout )
THYME & OREGANO: Thyme and oregano are the basic aromatic herbs of every (Greek) kitchen! These aromatic herbs are collected and dried in Halkidiki peninsula, and while thyme is literally a storehouse of vitamins and minerals, the star here is oregano; used since ancient times as a medicine but also as a spice. It is a powerful antioxidant and is said to act against infections. Both are delicious as a decoction and as a spice in food!
TRADITIONAL GREEK ALCOHOL: choice of three bottles of 200ml
- Ouzo: Dry anise-flavoured aperitif typical of Greece and Cyprus. Scented with carefully chosen herbs of Halkidiki, it takes on a balanced flavour, mild and easy to drink.
- Cretan raki (tsikoudia): Cretan Tsikoudia is made of grape distillate, with an alcohol content of 38%. You can enjoy it plain, with ice, with the addition of some natural juice, use it in cocktails, cooking and confectionery.
- Rakomelo: A family Cretan recipe with Raki (tsikoudia), Honey, Cinnamon and Cloves. The alcohol content is 20% and allows us to enjoy it in different ways. You can enjoy it with ice, at room temperature or in a hot glass (our favourite!).
HONEY: choice between 3 honey types, 250g
- Pine honey: It is spicy, and it tastes like toffee while the flavors of the various flowers and the fir that are given off, constitute a real feast of tastes and colors. Nutritional value: It is a honey with a high nutritional value, since in its composition it consists of a large number of nutrients and is rich in minerals and trace elements (calcium, copper, magnesium, zinc, iron, etc.), proteins and amino acids. It has fewer calories than flower honey. It is particularly nice when taken with black teas. Thanks to its anti-bacterial properties, pine tree honey can be applied directly to the skin as a healing agent. It helps to speed up the healing process of wounds, burns, and sunburn.
- Blossom honey: Coming from a variety of Greek plants that bloom in spring and summer. Taste and aroma: It has an excellent aroma and light, soft taste with amber texture, and is sweeter than pine honey.
- Orange blossom honey: Collected in the spring from orange blossoms, it is an intensely aromatic honey with sweet and fruity taste. Nutritional value: It is rich in hesperidin, a flavonoid glycosidine which has rich antioxidant activity.
EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL: The extra virgin olive oil is produced from olives collected from the groves of the Monastery of Ormylia. For its extraction, the nuns use the cold pressing method at the oil mill of the Monastery. This oil is known for its high quality, fruity aromas, and its slightly spicy aftertaste. Store it in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight. The oil is clouding at low temperatures but comes back to normal when placed at room temperature; its quality is not being affected.
HANDMADE NATURAL SOAP: choice of 3 soaps with active natural ingredients such as: traditional greek yogurt, pure honey, mountain tea & Saint John’s Wort herbal oil